1. Matthew 14 v 26 – 32
v.2 6 “And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit, and they cried out for fear.”
v.27 “But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.”
v.28 “And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.”
v.29 “And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.”
v.30 “But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.”
v.31 “And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”
v.32 “And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.”
2. Mark 4 v 35 – 41
v.35 “And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.”
v.36 “And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.”
v.37 “And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship so that it was now full.”
v.38 “And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?”
v.39 “And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”
v.40 “And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?”
v.41 “And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
3. Psalm 107 v 23 – 30
v.23 “They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters”
v.24 “These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.”
v.25 “For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.”
v.26 “They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.”
v.27 “They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits’ end.”
v.28 “Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.”
v.29 “He maketh the storm a calm so that the waves thereof are still.”
v.30 “Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.”
4. Joel 2 v 32
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”
WHY THE STORMS OF LIFE?
1. STORMS HAPPEN EVEN TO THE BEST OF US
- Matthew 5 v 44 & 45
v.44 “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
v.45 “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
- It is important for us to know that storms happen even to the best, the brightest, and the most prepared among us.
- Storms have no respect for your gender, colour, positions, designations, geographical locations, family background, academic laurel, beauty and accent.
- Sometimes, despite doing what is right, following God to the best of our ability, and surrounding ourselves with good people, storms of life will still come.
2. JESUS IS SUPREMELY ABLE TO CALM THE STORM
- Mark 4 v 39
“And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”
- Jesus is the only answer to the storms.
- Storms obey the voice of our Lord Jesus.
- Storms bow to the Lordship of Jesus.
- At the mention of His name, every storm must cease.
- Psalm 107 v 29
“He maketh the storm a calm so that the waves thereof are still.”
3. STORMS COME DUE TO DISOBEDIENCE
- Jonah 1 v 1 – 15
- Jonah disobeyed God
- He brought on himself the storm because of disobedience.
- When he obeyed God, the storm ceased
- Jonah 1 v 15
“So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.”
4. GOD SOMETIMES ALLOWS STORMS TO MATURE US
- 1 Cor. 10 v 13
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
- Jesus cares for us even when it seems he doesn’t.
- He is aware of the storms around us.
- In our stormy seasons, all we need do is to hold unto Jesus.
- He is maturing us in all areas.
5. WHAT TO DO WHEN THE STORM IS RAGING?
- Heb. 12 v 2
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- Acts 2 v 21
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- Psalm 61 v 1 – 4
v.1 “ Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.”
v.2 “From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
v.3 “For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
v.4 “I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings.”
- Report the storm to Jesus.
- Call on Master Jesus, He will arise.
- Cry unto him in Prayers and Intercession to provoke Divine Intervention.
- Ask God to arise for :
- Urgent Rescue
- Urgent Help
- Urgent Intervention
- Urgent Salvation
- Urgent Deliverance
- Urgent Safety
- Urgent Mercy
- Urgent Healing
- Urgent Fortress
- Urgent Empowerment
- Urgent Victory
- Urgent Defence
- Urgent Visitation
- Urgent Turnaround
- Jeremiah 32 v 17
“Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:”
(1) Ah! Lord God thou hath made the Heavens and the Earth by thy great power.
(2) Come down mighty Jesus come down, I am waiting for you to come down
.Anointing of God that stops the raging storm, fall now in Jesus’ name.
Power of God for deliverance during the stormy season, fall now in Jesus’ name.
Divine Intervention that rescues during the stormy season, manifest in Jesus’ name.
Raging storms causing destruction and fearful panics, hear the voice of the Lord; stop now in Jesus’ name.
Rescuing hand of the Lord for safety during the storms, appear in Jesus’ name.
Special Rescuing angels during the stormy season, appear now in Jesus’ name.
O! Lord arise and calm the present raging storms in Jesus’ name.
Ye storms, hear the voice of the Lord, be still now in Jesus’ name.
Storms from Hellfire, hear the voice of the Lord, backfire now in Jesus’ name.
Ye storms, you will no longer consume us in Jesus’ name.
Jesus, by your unquestionable power and authority ……………in Jesus’ name.
- Any contrary wind in your life, home, work, finance, health, environment assigned:
- Against you, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To turn things upside down, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To scatter what you have gathered , shall cease in Jesus name.
- To waste your efforts, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To waste your efforts, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To drown your destiny, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To waste your investment, shall cease in Jesus name.
- To blow off all that you have laboured for, shall cease in Jesus name.
- Blowing sicknesses/afflictions into your life, shall cease in Jesus name.
- Making your life miserable, shall cease in Jesus name.
- Chasing away good things from you, shall cease in Jesus name.
JESUS IS LORD
Pastor Wole Oladiyun is the Senior Pastor of the Christ Livingspring Apostolic Ministry (CLAM), Omole, Lagos. He can be reached via email@example.com. For more prayer bulletins, visit www.prayerparliament.com. He has written over 60 books; to buy his books, visit www.woleoladiyun.com or www.clamgo.org.