Fruits are an essential part of the diet to maintain overall health. But do you know that certain fruits, if eaten on an empty stomach can reap greater benefits for the body? This happens because an empty stomach absorbs more nutrients when digestion isn’t competing with other foods.
Here are 7 fruits to eat on an empty stomach for maximum health benefits:
1. Papaya: Papaya is a tropical fruit which is rich in enzymes like papain and chymopapain. These enzymes are responsible for improving digestion and preventing constipation. When eaten on an empty stomach, the body is better able to absorb vitamin like A, C, and E from papaya which are powerful antioxidants that strengthen immunity and maintain healthy skin.
2. Watermelon: If you eat watermelon the first thing in the morning, it can be extremely hydrating for the body after a long night of fasting as the fruit is 92% water. Also, watermelon is loaded with lycopene, a potent antioxidant that aids in protecting your heart and skin.
3. Blueberries: Craving a dessert early in the morning? It is a good idea to reach out for that bowl of blueberries which are high in antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which are known for their brain-boosting properties. When eaten on an empty stomach, blueberries can prevent memory decline and also maintain blood sugar levels.
4. Bananas: Having a banana the first thing in the morning can be a good boost of energy. The fruit is high in carbohydrates and natural sugars. It is also rich in potassium which supports heart health.
5. Pineapple: Pineapple is an excellent fruit to have on an empty stomach. The fruit is rich in vitamin C and manganese and as these nutrients get absorbed in the body nicely, they strengthen the immune system and makes the bones stronger. The fruit also reduces bloating and inflammation.
6. Apples: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” goes the saying, and it stands true, especially when eaten on an empty stomach. Apples are high in pectin, a type of fiber that aids digestion and helps in controlling hunger pangs. They also contain antioxidants like quercetin that enhance brain function and overall health.
7. Kiwi: Kiwi might be a small fruit but it comes with big benefits if eaten on an empty stomach. The fruit can work wonders for your immunity and skin health. It also contains an enzyme called actinidin which aids in smooth digestion.
On a concluding note, starting you day on an empty stomach with these fruits is a simple yet effective way to maintain good health. With more nutrients getting absorbed in the body early in the morning, it is beneficial for all body parts. So, add these fruits in your morning routine and take a step towards a healthier life!
Join our WhatsApp Group to receive news and other valuable information alerts on WhatsApp.