The Ondo State Government said it had not directed or permitted the reopening of primary and tertiary institutions, public or private, in the state while secondary schools have been permitted to open for only Senior Secondary School 3 and Junior Secondary School Class 3.
The government said the directive was in line with its objective of strengthening public safety, protecting the lives of residents, and further mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
The state Chairman of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Covid-19, Professor Adesegun Fatusi, stated this in Akure, the state capital, on Wednesday.
According to him, all school authorities – both public and private had been ordered to comply fully with the government’s directive, to remain closed until the state government expressly permits such.
Fatusi said, “The Government is very keen to see students return to classes, but in a safe, serene and secured environment. The government would not tolerate any illegal act of re-opening schools contrary to the government’s directive.
He urged the parents to ensure that their children and ward continued to stay at home until the government directed otherwise.
You want to share a story with us? You want to advertise? You need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp – +234 803 3018 881