Sequel to the recent unrest in the State which resulted in the reckless damage to some properties, items, and valuables of Government, the Insurance Department of the Ministry of Finance is collating the list of all properties, items and valuables, of affected MDAs, so as to obtain indemnity from Insurance Companies.
This is possible because the State Government had proactively insured State Assets as part of its Risk Management measures.
- To this end, it is hereby notified for general information that the Insurance value-chain consisting of the Insured, Underwriter, Insurance Brokers, Loss Adjusters, and other appointed Consultants will be inspecting the affected premises to carry out on-the-spot assessment of the facilities.
- Therefore, all MDAs are required to send the list of all affected properties, items and other valuables to firstname.lastname@example.org . Also, hard copies should be submitted to the Insurance Department, Ministry of Finance, Room 08 before close of business on Monday 2nd November 2020, in order to enable the Insurance Directorate engage the Underwriters and Loss Assessors further.
- For further liaison on this subject, kindly ensure that the Name, Email Address and Telephone Number of the contact person from respective MDAs are included.
- However, all are enjoined to make concerted efforts to protect damaged properties from further dilapidation, in the meantime.
- All Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies are to note the contents of this Circular for compliance and give it the Service-wide publicity it deserves.
Hakeem Muri-Okunola, Head of Service
You want to share a story with us? You want to advertise? You need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp – +234 803 3018 881