Airbnb co-founder, Brian Chesky gains over $7 billion in just a few days
The CEO of the room-sharing service company with more than 5 million listings has gained more than $7 billion dollars in the past week.
Airbnb has made its investors and more obviously, its founder CEO, Brian Chesky, the richest gainers in the past week.
Brain Chesky, the CEO of the room-sharing service company with more than 5 million listings has gained more than $7 billion dollars in the past week.
- The 39-year-old tech entrepreneur now has a net worth of $11.9 billion.
What you should know about Airbnb and it’s founder
According to the company’s December 2020 S-1/A filing, Brian Chesky owns about 67.2 million shares in the world’s most exciting stock. Brain Chesky owns an additional 9.2 million options in the company. After the company began trading on December 10, 2020, Chesky’s net worth increased by over $7 billion.
- The tech entrepreneur was born on August 29, 1981. After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, he moved to California and rented a flat with classmate Joe Gebbia. Running short of rent in October 2007, they sold sleeping spaces in their apartment and decided to commercialize the idea leading to the birth of Airbnb.
- He started Airbnb about twelve years ago with Nathan Blecharczyk and Joe Gebbia is believed to have raised about $6.4 billion in the private markets, according to PitchBook data.
- Following a remarkable comeback, the company’s share began trading on at its debut for $146 per share, more than double its initial public offer price and values the business at more than $100 billion.
- The recent valuation of Airbnb represents a major leap, taking into account its previous valuation high of $31 billion in a 2017 financing round.
- At its present trading valuation, Airbnb is more valuable than Uber, and more than two leading hospitality giants, Hilton and Marriott combined.
- Nairametrics, some days ago did an in-depth analysis on why it felt the Brian’s Chesky company’s IPO might be worth your money.
Though Airbnb’s seeming entry into the public market looks new, the business has built a consistent pathway of generating impressive revenue, that it’s closest rivals (Bookings, Expedia) would turn green at.
You want to share a story with us? You want to advertise? You need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp – +234 803 3018 881